Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reflections

Over the past few days I've run across situations where reflections have played a part in the photographs.

Last weekend I was walking around Peebles Island with a landscape setup and saw numerous Great Egrets flying around over the Mohawk River. I went back the other day with longer lenses and saw only one Egret walking around on the other side of the river. But, since I'd already lugged a monopod and gear over there, I spent some time waiting for interesting poses and reflections in the pools of the mostly dry river bed.

Here are two samples:

Canon EOS 50D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM, EF 1.4XII, f/8, 1/3000 sec., ISO 400

Canon EOS 50D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM, EF 1.4XII,  f/8, 1/3000 sec., ISO 400

The other situation was while driving home on Sunday evening and there was a superb sunset. Luckily, I had my gear in the car and jumped out at a boat launch to capture some nice sunset reflections. The scene is of Peebles Island and Waterford from across the Hudson River in Troy.


Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, f/4, 1/20 sec., ISO 200

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, f/4, 1/60 sec., ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment